Launched in 2002 with yoga pants and tees (that's where the name TranquiliT(ee) came from), Kimberly Wilson dreamed of a chic and comfy clothing line that aligned with her active lifestyle - quickly moving from yoga class to bookstore browsing to café dates. A lover of style since her early days hiking the hills of Oklahoma donning a bonnet and purse in tow, she became fascinated with Units and Multiples (mix and match clothing) in her teen years. In 2004 she took the tees and yoga pants a step further starting with yoga staples. She then began adding trendy tunics and dresses to wear alone or over yoga pants along with armwarmers, legwarmers, luxurious wraps, and flowy, flattering designs to fit many bodies.
Kimberly is an activist and artist, founder of Tranquil Space – named among the top 25 yoga studios in the world by Travel + Leisure, author of Hip Tranquil Chick and Tranquilista, and holds Master’s Degrees in Women's Studies and Social Work. With a passion for do-gooding, Kimberly co-launched Tranquil Space Foundation. When not dreaming up new designs, you'll find her sipping heaps of tea, doodling in her art journal, and leading retreats around the globe. Indulge in musings on tranquilologie at Tranquility du Jour.
TranquiliT is more than an eco-friendly clothing company. We are a small, socially conscious business that strives to make the world a better place by:
- Making our versatile designs of rayon from organic bamboo.
- Sewing locally in Washington, DC.
- Donating a percentage of proceeds charities that support women's creativity: Tranquil Space Foundation and Nest.
- Planting 150 trees each month through Trees for the Future.
- Offering an eco-shipping option at checkout that is made of 100% recycled content, can be turned inside out upon receipt to use as a canvas tote, and helps to eliminate waste from our shipping process.
- Supporting green efforts such as 1% for the Planet and Greenfestival.
- Printing our materials on 100% recycled paper with soy inks.
- Gifting our online shoppers with an organic lavender sachet, fair trade tea, and special surprise with every order.